Do you have what it takes to be a Champion?
Do you or your team have knowledge or experience in agriculture or agribusiness? Are you passionate about agriculture and want to share this with the next generation? Sign on to be a Rural Champion today.
We need enthusiastic people to champion the cause for Australia's rural industries.
The Rural Champion Volunteer Program is co-ordinated by the AgForce School to Industry Partnership Program and aims to educate school students about the value and importance of Australian agriculture.
It is essential that every Australian has an understanding of where their food and fibre comes from, a concept most effectively taught at a young age. It's also important to raise awareness of the vast array of careers available in our fantastic industries and the amazing science and technology involved in modern agriculture.
Rural Champion Volunteer activities include:
• Promoting agricultural careers at career expos
• Visiting primary schools as a 'Farmer in a classroom'
• Visiting high schools to promote careers in agriculture
• Hosting or assisting with farm tours for students
• Helping out at events such as Moo Baa Munch and Rural Discovery Day
We are always looking to recruit new volunteers across Queensland to meet demands for Rural Champions to attend events.
What you can achieve:
• The opportunity to share your knowledge and passion with the next generation
• Satisfy organisational community service requirements
• Opportunities to network with industry representatives
• Boost your resume
What we provide:
• All training required including training guide, presentation guides and general advice
• Assistance with lodging your application for a Working with Children Blue Card (free of charge for volunteers)
• Resources that make your presentations fun and interactive
• All bookings and administration with schools, expo convenors etc.
• Documentation of time volunteered, if required
• Lunch and refreshments at all day events